Sunday 26 April 2009

Trees in blossom

Whenever I step outside the house, I see trees in blossom everywhere. Isn't it just the prettiest sight? Tiny bits of the lightest spring greens and bunches and bunches of the most gorgeous shades of pink, anything from almost white to a deep deep pink. And on a glorious day like today, with the sky a deep and rich blue and everything bathed in warm sunshine, it is also a very inspiring sight.

I was sniffing my way through my smellies collection when I came across a bottle of Sapmoss from Gracefruit. It is a wonderful, unisex sort of fragrance, really lovely and fresh, not too floral, not too spicy, to me it is like a fresh warm breath of wind blowing through the woods. It is supposed to discolour to a woody brown, so I thought it would make a great base for a tree blossom soap, with very light green and pink cubes scattered through and on top of the soap. Here it is, just poured, and looking very pale still, so please keep your fingers crossed for me that it really will darken to a woody brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment