Friday 17 April 2009

GIGI cut


This is such a very girlie soap, white with a delicate light pink swirl, and with that divine smell of rose geranium. I love that crackle effect you get when you use rather more TD than necessary really, it adds such an interesting feature to the soapies. Because I used the full water amount, the soap is still quite soft and I haven't cleaned it up yet, so it does look rather raggedy round the edges. Ah well, patience, Lizzie, a few more days and then I can deal with it properly.

Whats next on the agenda? Nettle soap, I think, I need something green on the drying rack to go with all the yellows, pinks and lilacs. Dark green oils like unrefined avocado and unrefined hemp, together with organic dried nettle from Gracefruit should do the trick nicely. The last batch sold really well at the fairs.

PS - I am beginning to miss my beads, I might just have to take a day off from soaping tomorrow and play with them for a wee while. Need to work on a couple of requests, thats my excuse anyway, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty that madam.

    Now, Lizzie and patience aren't two words you expect to see in the same sentence so I'm in shock.

    And, whaddya mean you might spend tomorrow beading. How very dare you. I shall demand pics the second you finish whatever you make or there will be big trouble.

    ReplyDelete