Monday 1 June 2009

All the fun of the fair

I had a couple of very interesting days at the craft fair. The setting was stunning, Bewl Water is a superb location, and the weather was beautiful -


The visitor centre was packed with a really good mixture of craft stalls, manned by the nicest people you could wish for. Opposite me was Helen from www.leaftradingpost.co.uk. She had the most wonderfully soft fleeces on her stall, as well as antlers, jewellery made from bone and semi precious stones, natural dye stuff and a variety of other cool things


Next to her was Suzanne's stall, which very much appealed to me. It was full of delightful vintage bits and pieces and beautifully sewn handbags, made with fab vintage fabrics


Space was very tight so I couldn't spread and also had to restrict what I put out, but somehow that was quite nice actually, because as people bought things, we had to refill the empty spaces, and that felt really good.


The new soaps went down really well, and so many people commented on the Art Nouveau style labels. That really surprised me, and it certainly made my son happy, as he spends so much time designing the labels with me.

Overall, it was a pretty good weekend for me, although I heard from other traders that not everybody was so lucky. I am looking forward to the next fairs now, although have to make more stock for those, as a couple of soaps nearly sold out.

1 comment: