Sunday 20 July 2008

Looking after mum-to-be with BBB Oil


No. 2 son and his partner are expecting their daughter towards the end of this year, and of course we are all absolutely delighted. I wanted to do something for my lovely daughter in law, because so often friends and family concentrate on the baby when buying treats and gifts and forget that mum-to-be needs a bit of pampering during her pregnancy. So, amongst other things, I have formulated a very special oil for her to try and reduce the risk of stretch marks. I could have gone for a belly balm but the idea of an oil appealed to me more. The oil contains a number of butters and oils specially selected for their abilities to nourish and soften the skin and improve elasticity and suppleness. Raspberry seed oil, plum kernel oil, rosehip oil as well as shea butter, mango butter and orchid complex are some of the ingredients used, along with a few drops of essential oils, like lavender, rosemary, rose geranium, ylang ylang and rose.

This particular batch was scented mostly with an amber infusion, which I have had brewing for nearly a year now. The scent is just awesome. I liked the oil and the way it sank into the skin so quickly without leaving the slightest bit of stickiness so much that I made a batch for myself as well. I am using it as a body oil and my skin feels so very smooth and velvety. I have to say I prefer this to a body lotion or body milk. This is definitely something I will be adding to the range of products as soon as possible.

1 comment: