Monday 23 June 2008

Shaving soap - not just for the boys

I am one of those girls who has never gotten on too well with hair removal products. I didn't like the smell of the creams, and didn't like the wait, and I certainly didn't like the pain of waxing or sugaring. So I have always shaved my legs and underarms. However, I wanted to get away from shaving foams and now I much prefer using a hand made shaving soap. The most important ingredient in a good shaving soap is clay. It provides wonderful slip and glide and helps to produce a firm dense and creamy lather ideal for shaving.

I have used green clay in this soap ( plus a few bits of a blue soap, just for a bit of added interest ) and I am very happy with the way it performs.



My DH uses the shaving soap in conjunction with the shaving oil I formulated. He just rubs a drop or two of shaving oil onto his skin and follows it with the shaving soap, and apparently it beats any other shaving product he has ever tried hands down. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same, i hate waxing etc and shaving never seems to cut it...see what i did there! i should be on the stage! Anyway, that looks really nice. the blue stuff was a good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charley, next time you make soap, try it with clay, and see for yourself the difference it makes.

    ReplyDelete